Monday, August 10, 2009

One Down, 179 To Go

After a couple of weeks of preparation, the first day of school finally came. My new 6th graders arrived this morning and I got to set the pace for the rest of the school year. After two rough years and one fantastic one, I'm hoping things go smoothly with this new group. They seem pretty good so far; but then again they all do on the first day.
I spent a lot of time setting up my room and, for the first time since starting teaching, I finally feel like I have the place how I want it. Here's a couple of pictures of the room.

WEDDING STUFF
Andrew and I got another wedding item accomplished this weekend. We did our cake tasting and it was everything I hoped it would be and more. Our cake will be coming from A Piece of Cake Desserts (www.pieceofcakedesserts.com) located in Mesa. We tried a few different options and settled on the top two tiers in my favorite of the day (devil's food and caramel buttercream filling) and the bottom tier in Andrew's favorite (white almond infusion with almond cream cheese filling). It's gonna be good!

I picked up my wedding gown yesterday and it is gorgeous! I've been a little nervous about the dress since I learned that the place I was getting it from was going out of business. They called me to let me know they were closing but not to worry because they would contact me when the dress arrived. So needless to say, I've been quietly worrying for the past 3 months. Thankfully they followed through and I picked up my dress from a lady in a Fry's parking lot at 43rd Ave and Bethany Home Road. The whole thing felt so shady. Andrew went with me (because he thought it felt shady too) but waited in the car with his eyes closed and the trunk popped. A few minutes later the exchange was done and we made our getaway with a beautiful wedding dress safe in the trunk of my car.

1 comment:

  1. Your cake sounds delicious! I am looking forward to tasting it!

    ReplyDelete